A grant-in-aid is money coming from central government for a specific project. This kind of funding is usually used when
the government and parliament have decided that the recipient should be publicly funded but operate with reasonable independence from the state.
The UGC has been entrusted with task of monitoring development in the field of collegiate and university education, disbursing grants to the universities and colleges in the form of Grant-in-Aid. The Grand-in-Aid is released in the form of plan grand and non-plan grant or any other specific task.
- In the XII Plan, greater emphasis has been laid to expand the higher education sector in all its modes of delivery to progressively increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER), Emphasis has been laid on expansion with equity, use of ICT and promotion of quality education.
- The objective of General Development Assistance(GDA) scheme is to improve the infrastructure and basic facility in Universities so as to help them achieve at least the threshold level and promote enhancement of quality
- UGC letter to consider the issue of granting extension beyond 31st March, 2017 for utilization of various components of UGC XII plan General Development Assistance and other plan grants including merged schemes
- Circular regarding the extend the utilization of XII Plan grant upto 15.03.2017
- UGC letter regarding Extension of time for utilisation of funds released under OBC expansion scheme
- Creation of corpus fund