The Pension cell is entrusted to fix the Pension, family pension, commutation of pension, revision of pension, additional pension, gratuity, etc., of both for teaching & non- teaching of the University as well affiliated colleges. Based on the service particulars submitted by the Establishment branch of University as well as the affiliated colleges, the terminal benefits of the respective employees i.e. fixation of pension, commutation of pension, gratuity, etc. is being calculated/fixed and after vetting of the Internal Audit (IAO), the same is put up to the competent authority of the University for approval.
After approval of the competent authority, the bill for payment of commutation and gratuity in respect of the employees of the University is being prepared by the Pension cell and the same is sent to the Finance V section disbursement. The pension payment order (PPO) in respect of the employees of the University is being prepared by the Pension Cell and the same is sent to the State Bank of India (SBI), DU branch for disbursement.
As far as the fixation of the pension in respect of the employees of the affiliated Colleges are concerned, the approval / sanction of the competent authority of the University is being communicated to the respective colleges as the disbursement of pension is within the ambit of the colleges.
- Assesses pensionary benefits of retiring/retired employees of the University.
- Gets the pensionary benefits sanctioned from the competent authority.
- Notifies the pensionary benefits and arranges prompt payment thereof.
- Maintains a register of employees due for retirement within eight months.
- Forwards pension papers to the retiring employee of the University and its Halls and Hostels advising them to submit the same duly completed in all respects so as to reach the Head of Office not later than eight months prior to their date of retirement.
- Ensures scrutiny of pension papers in respect of retiring employees (Teaching and Non-Teaching) of the University, Halls and Hostels received from the Estt. Branches.
- Ensures scrutiny of pension papers in respect of retiring employees (Teaching and Non-Teaching) received from the Principals of the affiliated or the constituent Colleges receiving grants from UGC.
- Calculates Pension, Commuted Value of pension, Family pension, Retirement/Death Gratuity.
- Submits pension case to the Internal Audit Wing for vetting of calculation of pension, family pension, commutation of pension and Gratuity.
- Obtains approval of the Competent Authority for sanction of pensionary award.
- Prepares pension case files of the retiring employees and entering in the File Register.
- Enters details of pensionary benefits in the "Pensioner's Master Register".
- Ensures payment of Gratuity and Commuted Value of Pension (CVP).